Together we dream, believe, and achieve, leaving memories of a remarkable journey.
The key word in this statement is “together.” While teachers are at the front of the classroom each day, it’s the family a student comes home to that provides the foundation for academic success. Parents should be at the heart of every child’s education and that’s why we believe that parental involvement in school is so important.
Research regularly shows that parental engagement is essential to an excellent education. To make sure our students are given the very best start, we work hard to develop strong partnerships with the parents of our diverse body of students.
Student Uniform Dress Code
Note: Uniforms can be purchased from the school uniform supplier located at our Izghawa Campus. Shirts, jumpers, cardigans and PE jackets should ideally contain the school logo.
Part of the developing tradition of AGS is the uniform dress code. The quality of appearance is related to a sound educational program. Students not in uniform will be sent home, unless an adequate reason is provided.
- At all times, students must look neat and respectable.
- Dark blue slack/skirt; white shirt. Students may wear a plain white T-shirt underneath their uniform shirt. Students may not wear any T-shirts with lettering or images as their undershirt. School cap – dark blue with school logo.
- Dark blue slacks/skirt; white shirt; school tie; dark blue sweater, (or cardigan). The exact dates from which the school tie must be worn will be announced, varying from year to year, depending on the weather.
- Pinafore hemlines are to be no higher than 5 cm above the top of the kneecap.
- Plain dark shoes and plain socks must be worn. Plain stockings or tights may be worn instead of socks.
- Winter jackets may be worn over the uniform, not instead of the uniform, to and from school, but not in the classroom. These should be dark in color.
- The school tie should be worn to and from school, not only on the school campus.
- Ties must be worn by all students, apart from girls wearing shaila.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Jewelry is not allowed apart from small stud earrings for girls.
- Nail polish and make-up is strictly forbidden.
- Shoes should be black or dark blue – no trainers.
- PE uniform should be worn for PE, on PE days only. Students should change into school uniform after PE.
- Long hair should be tied back neatly and coloring of hair is not allowed.